Welcome to Brain Health Neuropsychology
A Board Certified Neuropsychology Practice
If you are looking for a neuropsychological evaluation, you have come to the right place. Maybe this evaluation was recommended to you by your doctor, or maybe you’ve stumbled across this type of evaluation because you are increasingly worried about yourself, your child, or a loved one. Perhaps one of the following (or many other) scenarios fits your current situation:
- Your child is struggling more in school and homework is a constant battle
- Despite focusing for hours when playing video games, your child can’t seem to concentrate on homework
- An updated evaluation is needed for your teen to receive extended time on the SATs or ACTs
- Your baby isn’t walking or talking like other babies their age
- The first year of college did not go well and your teen couldn’t keep up with the demands
- You are concerned your child may have Autism, ADHD, or a Learning Disability
- At work, you are struggling more to stay on top of things and you are afraid colleagues may notice
- A loved one is more forgetful and seems confused about recent conversations
- You are concerned that you or a loved one may have a dementia
Learn how a neuropsychological evaluations can help by clicking the Services link.
Dr. Christine Ghilain, Ph.D, ABPP-CN
Dr. Christine Ghilain is a board-certified clinical neuropsychologist serving individuals across the developmental lifespan- from infancy through older adulthood. She specializes in working with people who have known or suspected neurological, developmental, psychological, or psychiatric conditions that impact thinking, learning, and behavior. She provides individualized neuropsychological evaluations and consultation across the state of New Jersey. Learn more about Dr. Ghilain here.
Speaking to someone about a neuropsychological evaluation can be stressful or worrisome, and thus Dr. Ghilain is glad to have a complementary conversation with clients on the phone prior to scheduling their appointments in order to better understand their concerns and to discuss whether this type of evaluation is a good fit for their needs. She does her best to respond to all contact inquiries within 24 business hours.
What Dr. Ghilain Does
Dr. Ghilain provides comprehensive neuropsychological evaluations to individuals with known or suspected neurological, developmental, psychological, or psychiatric conditions that impact thinking, learning, and behavior. She helps clients understand their areas of strength in order to support any identified areas of difficulty. Clients leave with a roadmap for how to thrive in their environment. Learn more about the evaluation process here.
How Dr. Ghilain Is Different
Dr. Ghilain recognizes that clients are more than just test scores, and therefore she completes all client testing herself. Although passionate about the training of psychometrists (see Dr. Ghilain’s most recent book published in December 2021), Dr. Ghilain prefers to administer tests to her clients, tailoring assessments and recommendations to each individual client she sees. She is also available to clients for ongoing consultation after the formal evaluation is complete.
How Dr. Ghilain is Qualified
Dr. Ghilain is board-certified through the American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP) in clinical neuropsychology, one of few professionals with this credential in the state. This means she has attained the highest standards of excellence in the profession, and you can feel confident that you are receiving the best care available to support you and your loved ones. Learn more about Dr. Ghilain’s credentials here.