Preschool Neurodevelopmental Evaluations
What to expect:
A preschool neurodevelopmental evaluation assesses whether or not your child is attaining developmental milestones in an age-appropriate way.
While some parents prefer to “wait and see” if their child catches up to peers, it is best to seek out an evaluation if you have concerns. The earlier the intervention, the more success we observe. Preschool neurodevelopment evaluations can answer questions such as:
- Is my child developing typically?
- Is my child ready for kindergarten?
- I’ve noticed other children are able to do things my child cannot. Should I be worried?
- How will my child’s medical condition impact them as they begin school?
- What plans should be put in place at school to help my child succeed?
Through a combination of parent interviews and structured play activities, Dr. Ghilain will assess your child’s:
- Receptive Language
- Expressive Language
- Visual Perception
- Fine Motor Skills
- Gross Motor Skills
- Adaptive Skills