Adult Neuropsychological Evaluations
What to expect:
An adult neuropsychological evaluation assesses how you or a loved one are functioning as compared to other individuals your age.
These evaluations can answer questions such as:
- Is my forgetfulness normal for my age?
- Do I have an undiagnosed attentional or learning disorder that is the reason for my struggles at work?
- How can I maintain my independence for as long as possible as I age?
- How does my medical or neurological condition impact my daily living as an adult?
Through a combination of interviews with the client and relevant family members (spouse, partner, caregiver, etc.) and structured tasks (i.e. paper-and-pencil tests, tasks on a tablet or computer), Dr. Ghilain will assess:
- Overall Intellectual Functioning
- Visual Perception
- Executive Functions (planning, organizing, self-monitoring, etc.)
- Motor Skills
- Adaptive Functioning (daily independence)
- Emotional/Behavioral Functioning & Mood
Following the evaluation, Dr. Ghilain will provide any appropriate diagnoses, as well as recommendations for home, work, and community-based supports, if needed. She will also make referrals to other professionals who can help support your or a family member’s ongoing success. This may include physical therapists (PTs), occupational therapists (OTs), speech/language therapists (SLTs), neurologists, psychologists or other medical professionals.