What to expect:
Pediatric neuropsychological evaluations assess age-appropriate abilities across all domains of functioning (see below).
Pediatric neuropsychological evaluations can answer questions such as:
- Does my child have an attention disorder or learning disability?
- Are there ways I can support my child’s ongoing success in the classroom?
- How does my child’s medical condition impact their functioning, and what different supports are available in elementary, middle and high school?
- Is my child ready to transition to college?
Through a combination of parent interviews and structured activities (i.e. paper-and-pencil tasks, tasks on a tablet or computer), Dr. Ghilain will assess:
- Overall Intellectual Functioning
- Visual Perception
- Executive Functions (planning, organizing, self-monitoring, etc.)
- Motor Skills
- Adaptive Functioning (daily independence)
- Emotional/Behavioral Functioning & Mood