Is this what I am looking for?
A neuropsychological evaluation is a comprehensive assessment of how your brain is working. I often say, if the brain does it, I look at it during the evaluation.
The process can be understood as 3 parts:
- Intake Interview: during this time, you meet with Dr. Ghilain to discuss the concerns you have or changes you’ve noticed. She will also gather relevant background history (medical, family, educational, etc.).
- Testing: the client spends a full day with Dr. Ghilain completing paper and pencil tasks, tasks on a computer or tablet, as well as filling out questionnaires. It is during this time that Dr. Ghilain evaluates the following abilities:
- Visual Perception
- Speed of Processing
- Executive Functioning (planning, organizing, self-monitoring, impulse control)
- Academic (children) / Vocational (adults)
- Adaptive Skills (independence with daily tasks)
- Feedback: about 1-2 weeks after testing, Dr. Ghilain provides you with an in-depth report. It includes a summary of the background information provided during the intake interview, a comprehensive review of all testing results, any diagnoses that are warranted, and recommendations for home, school/vocational and community-based supports.